Analogue TV turning off soon

Information on news that is happening in Spain, such as Telefonica reducing charges or other general questions
Ian
Site Admin

Analogue TV turning off soon

Post by Ian »

The whole of Spain will be working on digital TV transmissions as from April 2010. The big switch over will mean users non digital TV's will require a Digital Box, available from a little as 30 Euros.

This will enable you to pick up a wider range of TV channels.

Ian
allan

Post by allan »

Wonderful. So now we can get even more adverts for beds and sofas
how many of these things do people need? Not to mention endless
adverts from desperate estate agents.

Must rush out and get a TDT telly on Monday. This is just too exciting.

Allan
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

Allan, just rush out and buy a digibox which will convert the signal for your TV. You will pick up 'currently' about 25 channels. The local Sanlucar channel isn't on digital yet, so you will need to switch back to analogue to watch this :)

On advert, TVE have been told by the government that they have to stop showing adverts. So it looks like instead of just nipping out during an ad break and doing a weekly shop, stopping off for a tapa, having a shower and cleaning all the windows in the house and still being back before the programme re-starts is now coming to an end.....!!!!
allan

Post by allan »

Ian wrote:Allan, just rush out and buy a digibox which will convert the signal for your TV. You will pick up 'currently' about 25 channels. The local Sanlucar channel isn't on digital yet, so you will need to switch back to analogue to watch this :)

On advert, TVE have been told by the government that they have to stop showing adverts. So it looks like instead of just nipping out during an ad break and doing a weekly shop, stopping off for a tapa, having a shower and cleaning all the windows in the house and still being back before the programme re-starts is now coming to an end.....!!!!

Yes I heard about this on the news. Someone did a survey and (I could have the figures wrong here) some 68% wanted TVE to get rid of
adverts but on the other hand 78% didn't want it funded by something
like the licence fee we have in the UK. They want to have their cake and
eat it. I'll admit I fall into that camp.

On the windows front, one of the reasons we bought the house was because it was nice and airy with lots of big windows, unlike most Spanish houses. However it didn't occur to me that these damn things would need cleaning. The last time I did it was last year when my father came to visit.

We're going to get a little digibox for our pokey little portable and bung it
in the kit chen. Then get a nice flat screen LCD box for the living room.
A project for next year.

regards

Allan

PS I miss the driving school advert on teleSanlucar which featured the
chariot race from Ben Hur. Doesn't seem to be on any more, maybe
the studios got to them.
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

I don't get the local channels as our community antenna is useless, so had to use the digital box. Hopefully soon they will turn over to digital as I liked watching the buy/sell/rent/wanted programme....how sad am I...(don't answer that...!).
allan

Post by allan »

Ian wrote:I don't get the local channels as our community antenna is useless, so had to use the digital box. Hopefully soon they will turn over to digital as I liked watching the buy/sell/rent/wanted programme....how sad am I...(don't answer that...!).
OK I won't!

Oddly enough I like watching their adverts, which probably says
something about the program content (or me) :)

Sorry, I never could get the hang of those emoticon thingies

regards

Allan