Learning Spanish

Information on news that is happening in Spain, such as Telefonica reducing charges or other general questions
Paul C

Learning Spanish

Post by Paul C »

Hi -- my family and I are planning to move to Sanlucar in the near future. As a non-Spanish speaker myself I was wondering if there is a good intensive course provided by a local school? Thanks -- Paul C.
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

Hi Paul, Welcome to the forum.

In Sanlucar and most areas of Andalucia the Junta de Andalucia provide FREE Spanish lessons...

These are 3 times a week of which I and my wife attend!

There are various places to do intensive lessons in Sanlucar, but to be honest unless the language is needed as soon as you get here, then you will find neighbours more than willing to give lessons and if you have kids then you will soon have Spanish people falling over themself to learn English from you and help you in Spanish, via the school run!

Lets us know if you need any more information such as areas, property rentals, sales, schools etc..

Regards

Ian
sarah

Post by sarah »

Our friends have lessons in the centro adultos (centre for Adults) and sy it helps them very much.

We are just getting by with our books as we like to enjoy the sun rather than be in a classroom.

S
Paul C

Post by Paul C »

Excellent. Free is several hundred euro less than I was expecting!!! Are these courses during set times of the year like a school term or is it on demand? Is there a website where I might be able to book myself in advance or its a more drop-in approach? Thanks for the info. :D
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

You will probably find that most things are cheaper than what you budget for.

The classes are during normal school terms, you just pop along and fill in a form and then you are in. Lessons are 11.15 till 12.45 Mon, Wed & Fri, but there are evening lessons aswell for people who work during the day, quite amazing really!

Last week was cultural week, where various trips and events are organised in the local area and often to Seville to visit the Cathedral and other buildings.
Tom

Post by Tom »

I would second that, everything is very cheap compared to the UK. No one seems to looking at trying to rip you off.