Internet access

Information on news that is happening in Spain, such as Telefonica reducing charges or other general questions
sanlucar

Internet access

Post by sanlucar »

I have a flat in the centre of El Puerto de Santa Maria. I\'ve had quotes for BT Spain to provide the broadband (cEUR60/m) but I am struggling to get the quote from ONO. I think this option would be a lot cheaper but I dont speak Spanish and there is no email contact on their website. Could you help at all?

Thank you

Dominique
Ian
Site Admin

Re: Internet access

Post by Ian »

Hi Dominique

You can try try Movistar (new name for telefonica, type in telefonicaonline in Google and go to telefonica.es which will redirect you), there is a company that will deal with it all on your behalf in English:
www.telefonicainenglish.com/

The current deal for a new line is 26 Euros per month for 10mb ADSL and 14 Euros for the line rental

Orange.es also have various offers, all can be completed online as do ONO on http://www.ono.es/

Ono is a lot more expensive than orange or telefonica

Ian
allan

Post by allan »

We use Orange, mainly because we had so many problems with billing when we first had the Telefonica land line activated
and didn't want go through that again.
They're about the same price as that quoted by Ian for Telefonica, but you do still pay the Telefonica line rental on
top. National telephone calls are free, but international ones are slightly more expensive. Something they conveniently
forget to mention when you sign up. Apart from that no complaints. If the Telefonica price quoted includes line rental
then it would work out cheaper.

We had an ONO rep come knocking on the door a while back and their broadband offering was only reasonable if you
also took their (not very inspiring) cable TV channels. Otherwise it was about 35 euros a month if I remember rightly.
And that was a couple of years ago.

Allan
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

Hi Allan

Orange have a deal where you pay about 6 E per month and get 1000 free minutes of calls to about 20 countries.

Ian
allan

Post by allan »

Hello Ian,

Thanks for the information. We don't make many international calls so it isn't much of a problem.

If Dominique is still listening you can probably get cheaper than Orange or Telefonica, I don't really know.
On the other hand they're big outfits and so quite reliable. Telefonica is Spain's national PTT and Orange is owned
by France Telecom.

As an aside, that BT tariff is a real rip-off isn't it?

regards
Allan