Supermarket/shop closures during Easter

Information on news that is happening in Spain, such as Telefonica reducing charges or other general questions
dom.simson

Supermarket/shop closures during Easter

Post by dom.simson »

Can anyone let me know if supermarket and shops will be open during Easter week end . Need to do DIY
allan

Re: Supermarket/shop closures during Easter

Post by allan »

The supermarkets are closed Thursday and Friday, or at least Mercadona is. However I think they're open on
Saturday.

Allan
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

Allan is correct, Thursday & Friday are the holidays here, so don't expect Leroy Merlin & Brico Mart to be open, not like the when bank holidays are the busiest time for DIY shops.

On Saturday in Sanlucar some shops may be closed, as the processions that are due top take place, only take place once every 50 / 100 years. Of course with the weather we are having at the moment, not very good for the paso's...!

You may be pleased to hear the Govt is looking at relaxing the shopping hours/regulations to help improve the economy, however the problem with this is that each Autonomos region can then set there own rules either ignoring or taking on board the Govt advise.

Ian
allan

Post by allan »

Ian's mention of the weather reminds me of a comment some while back from the TVE newscaster when handing
over to the weather forecast.
"Well, it's Semana Santa next week, so I suppose it'll be rain"

Back to Dom's DIY problem, It's difficult to know which shops will be open on Saturday. Those that are will
only be open in the morning until about 2.00 or 2.30 if you're lucky.
My own feeling, and it is only a feeling so I could be wrong, is that the ferreterias won't open.
Your best bet I'd reckon would be to try SuperSol at the top of V Centanario.

I'm assuming you're in Sanlucar.

Allan