La Espuela 2

Information on restaurants & Bars in Sanlucar de Barrameda with tips, suggestions and our favorite places to eat & drink..!
Jarkko

La Espuela 2

Post by Jarkko »

A fish restaurant in Barrio Alto, without terrace.

https://www.tripadvisor.es/Restaurant_R ... lucia.html

Went there one Sunday afternoon in a group of three without a reservation, and naturally it was crowded but as we offered beers while waiting outside it was ok.

While inside it seems that the menu was written on the walls, a plenty of stuff and so difficult to choose from I decided to give the waiter his chance to shine, and let him choose 10 different tapas for us. There was also some meaty tapas available, but he chose to bring as 10 x seafood.

Some of it was super nice, some more regular fried fish and some I will not order again if I remember what it was, but as a whole it was a good experience which put a smile on our faces, and along with a bottle of Barbadillo fresh wine and wonderful tartas and gran reserva brandy it was one of the absolutely best meals in Sanlucar this winter.

The cost per person was somewhere at 20-25 eur, and although it was messy and chaotic at times - nothing new in Sanlucar - it is highly recommebdable to go, and perhaps book a table in advance.

Next door there is a flamenco joint which I am planning to check next Sat, there is live music at 21.00.