Change your electric supplier

Information on news that is happening in Spain, such as Telefonica reducing charges or other general questions
Ian
Site Admin

Change your electric supplier

Post by Ian »

Prices of electricity are due to go up July 2009. But little has been made in the Spanish media on the law change which will allow power users to change their electricity company from July 1.

Officially on that date your current contract with your power supplier expires and you will be able to choose between three or four alternatives. If you do nothing you will remain with your current provider. Ceaccu power consumers group says that most people have no idea of the law change.

I knew nothing about, but guess it will be yet more Spanish paperwork and owners being cut off for no reason etc...
Last edited by Ian on 28 May 2009, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.
sanlucar

Post by sanlucar »

I see that government is back the electric companies in there over charging at the end of last year. They are now saying the increase was on 1st Nov 2008 & and 1 Jan 2009. So the millions over charged will NOT be re-funded.

I wonder how much the back handers where...?

Paul
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

Consumers with more than 10kwh of power will be mailed 1st and all other users later.

Please NOTE that if you do not contract Endesa or a n other you will be DIS-CONNECTED come October 2010, thats great customer service