Dogs in Donana National Park

General questions or news on the Costa de la Luz area
Jilojilo

Dogs in Donana National Park

Post by Jilojilo »

We want to visit Donana National Park and were wondering if We would be allowed to bring our dog on the accessable walks, on the lead off course. Also will We be able to bring her to the beach that borders the park?
I have not been able to find this information anywhere, so I hope you can help me.
Ian
Site Admin

Re: Dogs in Donana National Parl

Post by Ian »

Access to the National park is very limited, if you want to cross over the river from Sanlucar 'Bajo de Guia' you are only allowed on the beach, not within the forest area. Access to the wooden pathways is only when you take one of the official tours.

From the Sanlucar side you are allowed to enter the park from the Algaida entrance and walk to most areas, here things may be more relaxed, but on the other side definitely not. Read the rules when you enter the park, as there are wardens and they have the power to arrest. They take their national parks very serious and any deviation from the stipulated rules will result in heavy fines or even worse....!!

I'll ask a friend who is a warden for more info on the dog.

Ian
sarah

Re: Dogs in Donana National Park

Post by sarah »

I think the reply will be no, the last thing the park want is a dog attacking one of the Iberian lynx or vice versa.

Sarah
x
Ian
Site Admin

Re: Dogs in Donana National Park

Post by Ian »

My friend has replied saying you can take a dog into the park 'on this side (the Sanlucar side) of the park, entrance in Algiada, however it must be on a lead, if you release the dog it should be muzzled, but he cannot confirm if the Guadia Civil would be happy with this...!