Taberna Barbaroja

Information on restaurants & Bars in Sanlucar de Barrameda with tips, suggestions and our favorite places to eat & drink..!
Ian
Site Admin

Taberna Barbaroja

Post by Ian »

Taberna Barbaroja this has got to be probably my favorite place for a quick snack or an enjoyable beer in Sanlucar de Barrameda.

Barbaroja is an old Bodega with a large central fire place which in winter is fantastic when it does cool down. they do have a/c for the summer. Note it is always closed during the month of July so the owners can go on holiday.

It is located on Calle Plata in Sanlucar, very close to Plaza Cabildo.

You need to ask for a menu in English, closed Monday's except when it's a holiday and then it closes on the Tuesday. Opens about 20.30-21.00 until late. Also a good venue for watching the Spanish football on TV.

The food is a mixture of tapas and sandwiches, which are fantastic. My favourites are the langostines con bacon (king prawns wrapped in bacon and fried) then followed by a pepito especial con pollo y poco mayo (a large sandwich with chicken, fried green peppers, jamon, egg, and cheese. all for only about 3.50 Euros.

They also do very nice plates of meat such as solomillo (pork) which are served on a bed of chips. The hamburgers are good, but not my cup of tea.