Restaurante Avante Claro Bajo de Guia

Information on restaurants & Bars in Sanlucar de Barrameda with tips, suggestions and our favorite places to eat & drink..!
mike

Restaurante Avante Claro Bajo de Guia

Post by mike »

For me, other than casa Bigotte, one the best restaurants in this area is the Avante Claro restaurant. Lunch there on a Sunday is particularly good for the atmosphere. Everything I've eaten there has been excellent, on a par with the finest food in the world-anywhere. I can personally recommend the Arroz al la Marinara, a sort of soupy paella served in an earthenware pot. On my last visit there in September this year, I had the Paella that is actually not on the menu, but I spotted an old Spanish couple eating one so I ordered it. It was one of the best paellas I've ever tasted, packed with prawns, clams, octopus, fish and served in a lovely stainless steel paella pan. We also had the Gambas al ajillo, which was served not in the usual small earthenware bowl, but as most dishes are here, on a big white rectangular plate. The Gambas were quite simply the best I have ever tasted. The coquinas al ajillo, small clams in garlic, are also spectacular. All the fish is as fresh as a daisy, as you'd expect from the restaurant's location, and all of it is cooked masterfully. The waiters are great, just the right level of attentiveness. Given the quality and style of this restaurant, it is an absolute bargain. I can't wait to get back.
Marlowjen

Re: Restaurante Avante Claro Bajo de Guia

Post by Marlowjen »

How right you are! We had a light lunch there today and everything was superb. I had the coquinas and my husband the fried fish. He ordered the salmonetes first as one of his favorites but none available. I much prefer restaurants to say this, rather than frozen or not fresh good ones. Our waiter was brilliant and we will be back there soon and probably will go for Sunday lunch next.