Restaurante San Fermin Sanlucar de Barrameda

Information on restaurants & Bars in Sanlucar de Barrameda with tips, suggestions and our favorite places to eat & drink..!
sanlucar

Restaurante San Fermin Sanlucar de Barrameda

Post by sanlucar »

Has anyone tried this restaurant, I was going to try some of the tapas, the menu looked good but the service was terrible in asking for just a drink, so we didn't stay.
Ian
Site Admin

Re: Restaurante San Fermin Sanlucar de Barrameda

Post by Ian »

Yes we have been to the restaurant and there is very little I can say good about this place.

The restaurant had no air conditioning and at 10pm it was probably over 25c outside, then with the heat from the hot slate stones to cook your meat on, it got even hotter inside the restaurant. Only 2 fans in the whole place, with the restaurant full.

The waitress was plain rude to us, and only took notice of what we said when she wanted and then did the old 'I don't understand' when asked for something she couldn't be bothered with. Also she said we couldn't sit where we asked to, yet when others arrived, they changed tables no problem. She then went on to say certain starters where not available, leaving very few options, so I asked could we take something from the tapas menu offered to clients sitting outside....a straight NO, we then spoke to another waiter who offered us other options.

At the end of the meal we moved outside for desert as it was like sitting in a baking oven in the restaurant. When the bill arrived it wasn't correct, the waitress said oh that's the VAT, well sorry this was a hand written bill. I stated if you are saying it's with VAT I want a bill with full vat registration details, anyhow the bill was amended and arrived without vat...!!!

Beware the prices on the menu are WITHOUT vat, so you have to add vat to everything.

I then returned to the outside tapas seats a weeks or so later to have a drink with a friend around 1pm in the afternoon, he ordered a tonic water and I ordered water, after 15 minutes his drink arrived, some 30 minutes after our order was taken my drink still hadn't arrived despite repeatedly asking, the same was happening for another table next to us. Anyhow we left.

So all in all if the service fails it is never going to be a good experience. I can't say anything positive about the place.

Ian
sarah

Re: Restaurante San Fermin Sanlucar de Barrameda

Post by sarah »

No a good review for a new place to Sanlucar, think I will stick to La Gitana and Balbinos.

Sarah x