Der Guerrita

Information on restaurants & Bars in Sanlucar de Barrameda with tips, suggestions and our favorite places to eat & drink..!
Jarkko

Der Guerrita

Post by Jarkko »

There seems to be a lot of difference in opinions of this one!'

https://www.tripadvisor.es/Restaurant_R ... lucia.html

I have also read newspaper articles where it was mentioned to be one of top wine - or sherry - restaurants in all of Andalucia.

Internet.. who can you trust?

Anyway, while on the daily walk in the city came across it at lunch time, entered and had the regular glasses of manzanilla and red wine, and have to say we were rather impressed. It was full of people, locals, pretty much men, old-timers. Noisy and happy, and we took a few tapas to go with another round of wine.

Mushrooms filled with ham and garlic, meatballs in a creamy and kind of strong sauce. There was some free chorizo as well.

Tasty, nice, regular cheap prices and to be honest I do not understand what the Spaniards in the tripadvisor thread are whining about? Will go there again with more time and delve into the superb wine selection.

Probably need to book if you want to secure a table, I will take my chances and tapear something by the barra if needed.

Recommandable.