Internet for a piso

General questions or news on Sanlucar de Barrameda
jawebb15

Internet for a piso

Post by jawebb15 »

Hola!

2 roommates and I will be living in Sanlucar in a month or so and want to have wi-fi internet in our piso. Does anyone know any good internet service providers? I've been told to stay away from vodaphone. Curious on how the process works, if we have to sign a year long contract or can go month to month? We just need some basic internet to use on our computers to keep in touch with friends and family back home.

Gracias por todo!
Jameson
sanlucar

Re: Internet for a piso

Post by sanlucar »

Your options are:

A mobile dongle (usb) all operators provide these, deals change on a monthly basis, so best to pop into a shop when you are here. Or have a look at phonehouse.es / yoigo / orange.es for offers.

For a fixed internet connection you would be paying for line rental and adsl, approx 35-40 Euros per month, you have to agree a contract for 12 months, I set up one a few weeks back and they had a line and adsl up and running within 48 hours......quite unbelievable, but Telefonica are loosing business, so maybe they are trying to get clients up and running asap now, rather than waiting the bog standard 6 weeks.

You can still phone US & Canada fixed lines free on your Gmail account from anywhere in the world

Ian
cordernj

Post by cordernj »

Hi Jameson,

My name is Natasha, I am also travelling to Sanlúcar in a couple of weeks to be a language assistant in 2 schools there. When do you fly out? What schools are you working in? It would be great to be in touch so we both know someone there.

Hope you're well

Natasha
sarah

Post by sarah »

Hi all,

What is the program you are on, who organises it?

Sarah
x
eisenman

Post by eisenman »

Last edited by eisenman on 19 Sep 2012, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.
sanlucar

Post by sanlucar »

Hi eisenman, is this deal with Rental or a mobile dongle?
bergen

Post by bergen »

Message edited as duplicate message posting relating to living with a family while you are a teaching assistant here in Sanlucar, for more information please visit the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=255
bergen

Post by bergen »

jawebb15 wrote:Hola!

2 roommates and I will be living in Sanlucar in a month or so and want to have wi-fi internet in our piso. Does anyone know any good internet service providers? I've been told to stay away from vodaphone. Curious on how the process works, if we have to sign a year long contract or can go month to month? We just need some basic internet to use on our computers to keep in touch with friends and family back home.

Gracias por todo!
Jameson
I was living with a language assistants the last year.