Looking for contact

General questions or news on Sanlucar de Barrameda
Acetracer

Looking for contact

Post by Acetracer »

Hi Everyone,

I (28, German/USA) am living in Sanlucar with my girlfriend (26, Austrian) for a couple of months now. Since we are both working online, and our language-skills are mostly based on school-spanish it is kind of hard for us to meet new people around here. Now we found this forum and are looking for some english or german speaking people to hang out and maybe make some new friends.

Here's a little bit about us:

We have been living in Dublin, Ireland for almost 2 years before moving to Sanlucar, so we are equally fine with meeting some english or german-speakers.

We're not really huge party-people, but are not opposed to having the occasional drink or two (living in Dublin leaves its marks ;-) ). Maybe we can meet up for a cold one?

We love pretty much every kind of animal, the bigger the better! Sadly, we don't have any pets of our own.

Currently we are living near the city-center / Av. Quinto Centenario, so if someone wants to meet up, pretty much everything in the City is fine with us.

Because of the nature of our work (purely online, almost no appointments) we can work pretty much when we want and can meet up according to your schedule. Just reply to this post or send me a message (I'm new to the forum, I guess this is possible, isn't it?).

Also, if there is someone who knows of maybe a meetup of english/german speakers or something like that we would be very thankful for any information to meet some new people.

Looking forward to meeting you,

William
Ian
Site Admin

Re: Looking for contact

Post by Ian »

Hi William

Sorry for the delay in replying, I have been away for the weekend of feria..!!

There are a number of ex-pats brits here and some of them meet up in La Gitana, Plaza Cabildo on Friday nights. Most of them work at Number 10 language school located close by.

I have a Spanish friend who is learning German, so I am sure he would like to meet up.

Anyhow feel free to reply or or contact me on 662 000 394 I also have Whatsapp. My wife is away this week, so meeting up might be difficult this week as I am busy, but I may end up in la Gitana this Friday..!!

All the best

ian
Acetracer

Post by Acetracer »

Hi Ian,

Thanks for replying.

Don't worry about the delay, we found ways to kill the time during feria :)

That friday night meetup sounds great, I will definitely send you a message on WhatsApp about that.

We will probably be in Chipiona on friday during the day so I can't say for sure that we will be there, but if we come back early enough we should be able to make it.

I have some family events coming up, so we are visiting Germany next week for about 3 weeks (07.06-27.06). When we come back we can also arrange a meetup with your spanish friend.

We really appreciate your reply and are looking forward to meeting you in person.

William & Katrin
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

No problem, enjoy Chipiona. For lunch try Las Canteras which is at sea level below the paseo maritimo just before the lighthouse. Their Pavia is fantastic (fish in batter) and also whole BBQ'd fish, remember to ask for a plate of veduras with it..!! Or alternatively try Paco's in the marina, more expensive but a nice setting, they also do tapas.

All the best.

Ian
Petra

Looking for nice people to meet

Post by Petra »

Hola, my name is Petra and I´m from Slovakia. I moved to Sanlucar few days ago and I´m looking for nice people who like good coffee and chatting. Also I would like to ask for your experiences with housing. I´m searching for an appartment or piso from August/ September. I know that it is not easy to find during the summer. If you know about something cheap for August I will be thankful. Thanks a lot for all the tips.
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

Acko se mash (spelling..??) - Hello Petra

I know a few words of Slovakian as I used to have many students stay at a halls of residence which I worked in, in London many years ago.

Yes as for meeting up is no problem with ex-pats and of course some of the locals. The same is as I said above, apart from that in summer more people are away, so the group do not always go/meet in La Gitana. I've been very busy, hence the delay in seeing your post. Drop me a Whatsapp on 662 000 394 or reply here or even a PM.

What size apartment are you looking for (number of bedrooms etc), yes the August summer season is difficult and not cheap to find accommodation.

Ian