What is it like after Covid-19?

General questions or news on Sanlucar de Barrameda
Andy

What is it like after Covid-19?

Post by Andy »

I travel to Sanlucar every year and absolutely love the place.
I'm booked to visit in September but slightly concerned what we'll find when we get there. I know things change frequently but looking for a view on what the beaches and bars are like during the day and the tapas bars in the main square come evening. Are people distancing properly? Is it hard to find somewhere to sit/eat etc etc? Is there anything I should prepare for?
I am of course assuming the easing of lockdown restrictions will continue and I can actually go, but would appreciate views of others who are there or maybe plan to visit this year. Thanks
Ian
Site Admin

Re: What is it like after Covid-19?

Post by Ian »

Hi Andy,

The restrictions for the current 'New Normal' will NOT change for the foreseeable future.

The beaches are open from 11am till 8pm, broken down into zones with control on access, social distancing within the zone and a maximum number of people per zone, only individual games are allowed and no balls games etc.

In Sanlucar many of the bars and restaurants have reopened already (with new capacities and spacing of tables etc) and others are expected to do so after this weekend. Pretty much all shops are open.

Facemasks must be worn at all times in shops and elsewhere outside the home when social distancing rules cannot be met. I spent 6 weeks in the UK from late April and you see more masks in 200m on Calle Ancha then I did in the whole 6 weeks in the UK....!

The police do control everything and issue fines, Spain has issued close to 700,000 fines since the 15 March.

Within bars etc of course distancing is difficult, but is being sort of observed and places will be shut down if it becomes overcrowded. The terrace bars are open, but distancing implemented and no standing is allowed, you can stand within a bar, as long as social distancing is observed. Dancing is not permitted and was shot down by the police at the weekend inside a bar...!

Most tapas bars now operate in the form of you take a seat outside and the order is taken at the table, even at Balbinos...!

In larger supermarkets a mask and gloves are required, gloves provided by the store.

Arriving into Spain is no problem, you have to fill in a health form, of course UK residents are waiting for Boris to remove the 14 days quarantine on retuning back home.

Hope this helps.. It might sound strict, which it is, but safety is number one and the Spanish do co-operate and live life as much as normal.
Andy

Post by Andy »

Thanks Ian. Great info!
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

No problem, you're welcome.