Train to Sanlucar

Ideas of where to visit, which restaurants to dine in, accommodation and what to see and do while staying in Sanlucar de Barrameda
sanlucar

Train to Sanlucar

Post by sanlucar »

I want to go to Sanlucar de Barrameda,i will fly to Madrid airport,and then i want to go to Sanlucar de Barrameda by train, but i didn't find the train station in Sanlucar de Barrameda. Where I should reach?

Thanks very much

Nigel
Ian
Site Admin

Re: Train to Sanlucar

Post by Ian »

There is no train station in Sanlucar, there hasn't been one for many years. From Madrid you can either fly to Jerez or Seville, then bus or get the train to Jerez or Seville, from either train station you can get buses that go to the centre of Sanlucar.

Ian
allan

Post by allan »

If you're getting the bus from Seville try to get a "directo". The other buses dip in and out of various towns en-route
and operate as local buses there which lengthens the journey time considerably.

Unless you're thinking of seeing a bit of Seville (not a bad idea) I'd think the train to Jerez might be a better idea.
The railway station is right next door to the bus station. About 30mins from there to Sanlucar.
Jerez station is worth seeing in its own right. Small, but gloriously over the top.

Allan
allan

Post by allan »

Oh I forgot to mention, the bus from Seville may have Chipiona as the destination on the front. Check with the driver
that it's going via Sanlucar.

Allan
allan

Post by allan »

Just another thought. If my memory serves me well, which it frequently doesn't at my age, southbound trains from
Madrid don't stop at San Bernado (?) which is near the bus station so you'll probably be getting off at Santa Justa.
That will involve a bus or taxi to the bus station. It's walkable, but you don't really want to do it with luggage.
If you do decide to go this this route make sure you end up at the right bus station - the other newer bus station
serves another Sanlucar, just to add to the confusion.

I think the urban bus to the station is the C3, but I could be wrong. The bus company who serve Sanlucar de Barrameda
are Amarillos. In Spanish bus stations each company has it's own ticket office.

Overall I'd say the Jerez route is simpler and easier. If you want to visit Seville it's an easy day trip from Sanlucar.
The bus company from Jerez are LineSur.

Hope you enjoy your stay. Sanlucar is a nice friendly town, otherwise I wouldn't be here.

Allan