Taxi Sanlucar to Cadiz

Ideas of where to visit, which restaurants to dine in, accommodation and what to see and do while staying in Sanlucar de Barrameda
sanlucar

Taxi Sanlucar to Cadiz

Post by sanlucar »

My husband and I will arrive back from the park tour at 18:00 on April 25, 2014. Our cruise boat leaves Cadiz at 19:45. We need to schedule very secure transportation (a reliable taxi?) from the Sanlucar Bajo de Guia back to the Cadiz dock. What would this cost, and how long would the trip take? Can you suggest a reliable taxi or other driver we could arrange this trip with in advance?
(Alternatively, would it be possible to take a taxi from Sanlucar to El Puerto de Santa Maria and take the boat back to Cadiz from there? I'm not sure there would be enough time, as we MUST be back at our cruise ship by 19:45 or be left behind.) Thank you, Suzanne Brown
Ian
Site Admin

Re: Taxi Sanlucar to Cadiz

Post by Ian »

Hi Suzanne

I honestly think you are pushing it. It takes about 40-50 mins (traffic permitting) to get from Sanlucar to the Cadiz port by car, plus you don't know if your tour will be delayed.

Having been on a few cruises you need to get back on board before your departure time, say 30mins.

You could also use the ferry from Rota to Cadiz or El Puerto to Cadiz.

I'm on holiday at the moment in Florida and will return December, so if you reply to this around 18th I'll have a chance to ask around a bit more with taxi drivers etc, but a taxi will be quite expensive, around 50-80 Euros.

Ian
sanlucar

Post by sanlucar »

Hi, Ian. Thank you for your reply and welcome back from Florida. I would be willing to pay 50 euros total for very reliable transportation from Sanlucar back to our boat in Cadiz on April 25 (Our boat actually leaves at 20:00, not 19:45; I already built in a safety factor). Our tour leaves at 14:30 and is scheduled to be back at 18:00. Do you still think I am pushing it if I have a reliable taxi waiting, and can you help me arrange one? Do you know anything about radiotaxisanlucar.com, and could I trust them?
Thank you for your help, Suzanne
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

Hi Suzanne

Thank you for 'reminding me' of this post...! It's certainly a lot colder here than it was back in Florida & The Bahamas....!

I've just had a reply from a taxi friend of mine and says it would be approx 60 Euros (the approx) is probably because they don't know how much waiting time there could be on the journey.

Radio Taxi is the only taxi firm here in Sanlucar, the friend I asked for the price works for them. So yes send them an email by all means.

If you get stuck with no reply from an email to them, drop me an email through the contact us page - http://www.sanlucar-de-barrameda.com/contact_us.php I can see what I can do, please confirm it is for 2 passengers?

Ian