Bodega tours?

Ideas of where to visit, which restaurants to dine in, accommodation and what to see and do while staying in Sanlucar de Barrameda
Jarkko

Bodega tours?

Post by Jarkko »

Will take a tour sooner or later to taste the sherries and to learn about the process, and started to think if any of the Bodegas are better to visit than another ones?

If I had to guess I would say no.

At Gitana the guided tour at day time is 12 eur per person, at night 30? Perhaps there is more food at night? More sherry, more time?

Have to say the 11:30 start feels a bit early.

Any opinions?
Ian
Site Admin

Sanlucar de Barrameda Bodega tours?

Post by Ian »

We used to love the Bodega La Cigarrera, its a great small family based bodega, with Andalucian courtyard, does great food and on Friday/Saturday nights has flamenco singing. Our last visit the tour was rather disappointing and lacked information for the visitors we took.

Argüeso, Barbadillo and La Gitana are very good, we haven't done the Barbadillo tour for a number of years.

Outside of Sanlucar I recommend Grupo Estévez, just before you reach Area Sur shopping centre, tours are at 12 noon in English & Spanish. You get to visit their horse stud farm, a massive bodega, bottling plant, art collection of Picasso's and a lot more. If you go on Groupon you can buy tickets at a reduced price. Carmen & Loli are great guides, as is the Dutch lady who's name eludes me.

The evening / night tours are special events and generally include some tapas, which would be almost certainly in Spanish

All tours are in the mornings in Sanlucar with set times for English and Spanish guides.

Antonio (speaks English) on Calle Ancha does wine / Manzanilla tasting events, located opposite Casa Dueñas cafeteria.

Enjoy