Flamenco in Sanlucar

Ideas of where to visit, which restaurants to dine in, accommodation and what to see and do while staying in Sanlucar de Barrameda
Jarkko

Flamenco in Sanlucar

Post by Jarkko »

I have found a few places which I am planning to try, possibly even comment!

In the big picture the location is more or less the same, the first one usually later at nights,

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category ... 235052502/

and this one will have Saturday afternoon sessions, closer to my place so planning to try it out tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/lapataitaflamenco

I am no fanatic or connoisseur, should be fun anyway. Are there more?
Jarkko

Re: Flamenco in Sanlucar

Post by Jarkko »

The Saturday afternoon session at Porto7 was excellent!

Naturally it did not start quite at 17:30 as advertised, but it is a bar so who cares? There was a 5 eur entrance fee, including a drink, and the performance itself lasted for an hour or so, perhaps less. Time did fly, and no Spanish skills needed to listen to the fabulous singers and the guitarra to understand what it was all about.

Highly recommended!
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

Taberna La Cigarrera in the centre of town have been advertising on Twitter and Facebook for flamenco shows on Friday and Saturdays.

Starting in December you should have plenty of Zambombas to visit. Where Juanela is located, they put a small stage up with lots of singing/flamenco/Xmas carols etc which start earlier on the Friday & Saturday nights.
Jarkko

Post by Jarkko »

Went to Porto7 again last Saturday for another flamenco session, and now there was brillian El Torrán de Jerez performing.

Two hour set, probaly some sort of modern or fusion flamenco with popular music elements, but I liked a lot and recommend to see him if he is around.

Also the ladies from audience entertained us several times with more or less improvised dancing performances. Enjoyable.
crish09

Post by crish09 »

Have they changed the schedule of the flamenco sessions in these places with the covid? or do they continue with the same schedule?
Thanks!
Ian
Site Admin

Post by Ian »

Most places have stopped as dancing isn't permitted under the current Covid rules and all bars are closing at 6pm. Add to that Sanlucar and Jerez (and other towns) have their boundaries closed to try and reduce the spread of the virus.

You may find some bars have music on Saturday afternoon, but this will be very much reduced and controlled so not to risk fines by the policia local.